secgolf

Marriot Vacation Package and Suite Question

Discussion created by secgolf on May 13, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 by communitymanagers

Hello Support,

Recently I booked a hawaiian vacation through the rewards website.  I wanted a two bedroom suite to accomodate my wife and three children rather than two separate rooms.  Customer support confirmed that such suites were available but the property was not making them available, at that time, to the marriott vacation package.  They suggested that the property may allow me to trade the two rooms (garden view) for the two bedroom suite (ocean view) because the prices were only $90 difference per night.  Customer support called the property and asked if they could accomodate me as a Silver Elite member.  Apparently, the response from the property (customer service "liased" with the property so I had no direct communication) was no trade was possible unless I paid $350 per night to upgrade.  Suffice it to say I was disappointed that I couldn't get the two bed room suite.  Moreover, I was shocked that I was being asked to pay $350 per night more for a suite that was only $90 more than the two garden view rooms in the package.  Customer support apologized for the situation and said I might be able to negotiate directly with the property.  However, they said that the property has total discretion regarding the matter.    

Recognizing that many posts suggest contacting customer support, I thought this follow up question might provide customer support with an opportunity to clarify and hopefully resolve a situation that seems inequitable.

Best regards,  

Outcomes