razorbackfan

Phoenix Marriott Mesa

Discussion created by razorbackfan on May 11, 2012
Latest reply on May 14, 2012 by tryt53

We spent 1 night at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa, a category 4 hotel, located 12 miles from Sky Harbor Airport.  We chose this hotel because the rate was much less than the hotels located closer to the airport.  We had stayed at this airport several years ago for the same reason and were pleased with our stay.  The hotel rooms were renovated recently and the rooms are beautiful.  Our room was large and the bathroom was a fairly typical Marriott size.  We enjoyed snacks, dessert, and breakfast in the concierge lounge. We were told the lounge was due for renovation soon. The hotel was quiet and we slept well.  When we got ready to check out the next morning, the desk clerk did not know how to use the gift card and suggested we leave the card and she would make sure it was mailed to us once the transaction was completed.  The balance would have been less than $5.00 or I would not have even considered this suggestion.  I was not impressed by the clerk's attitude about not knowing how to use the card; however, I would not consider it rude--just didn't seem to really care.

To make a long story short...I did receive the gift card in the mail 3 days later (thanks USPS); however, my credit card was also charged!  It has taken almost a month and too many phone calls, voice mails, etc. to get this situation resolved.  Eventually, the charge was removed and the hotel credited my Rewards account with a significant number of points for my inconvenience.

I hope the clerk was given the proper training so another guest will not have to go through this inconvenience.  Would we stay there again?  Maybe, if the price was right.

Outcomes