jerrycoin

"Hooray" for Hollywood!

Discussion created by jerrycoin on May 8, 2012
Latest reply on May 29, 2012 by vaboywnder

Someone recently asked for your favorite place to visit in California.  There are many, many great places to visit in California, but Hollywood is the choice of many.  The Renaissance in Hollywood is a very nice property and the room rates seem to fluctuate wildly, depending on events in the area.  The wonderful Kodak Theater is close by, as is The Magic Castle, Mel's Diner, and Hollywood High.

Wish I had more pictures, but did not have a digital camera then so I welcome others to contribute comments and pictures, as they wish.

PTDC0038.JPG

Not a great picture, and I don't know if Wolfgang Puck's place is still there!

PTDC0037.JPG

If you have just one meal, The Avalon Hotel, (I sometimes stay just down the street at the RI), this is a wonderful place to dine and priced very fairly.  The poolside dining and the cabana's you see to the left are a wonderful place to relax with loved ones or business associates.

You may run into a few stars while on your visit, I was lucky enough to meet Gene Hackman, who was filming a movie I never say "Hoosiers", but was a friendly guy.  He thanked me for saying Hello!

Scan10001.JPG

There were many very nice places to dine and many very reasonably prices places to dine as well.  Some of the best I encountered and enjoyed were Mr. Chao's, Spago, Morton's, Magic Castly and Mel's Diner was great and not expensive

Don't forget to take your camera!

Outcomes