jfgunner

Excellent Stay at the JW Marriott DC

Discussion created by jfgunner on May 7, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2012 by californian

I am a platinum member and most of my stays are in Fairfield Inns, Residence Inns and Courtyards.  I usually travel by myself on business.

I have seen many complaints about getting what we "entitled to" as platinum members.  Frankly I never feel like I really"am entitled to anything special.  I have found that if I want an upgrade, I can call and ask for one ahead of time and usually get it.  Of course, I only ask when traveling with my wife.

I recently traveled to DC with my wife for a 4 day weekend in April during the Cherry Blossom Festival.  I chose the JW Marriott DC because of its central location and several recomendations on this site.  I used Marriott Gift Cheques for 2 of the nights and 35,000 points for the 3rd night.

I sent the hotel an e-mail about a week before my stay and asked if an upgrade would be available for my stay.  A customer service agent name Veniese answered my e-mail and said she would be happy to accommodate my request.

When we checked in, I was offered points or a food item as my arrival gift.   I chose points then the agent said " Since you are here on a special occasion, we will gieve you both.  Choose something from the list and we will send it right up!".

They also said the CL would be open all weekend due to the number of families expected at the hotel that weekend.  They even had an additional room downstairs that was serving a CL breakfast in the morning since they knew the upstairs lounge would be very busy.

The room we had was an Executive Suite.   It was really just a bigger room at the end of the hall on the Concierge Level (14th Floor).  Our room had a wall of Windows where we could see the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and the Capital Bulding  at the end of Pennsylvannia Ave!

The next afternoon, room service stopped by.  We didn't order room service but there was a note from Veniese that said " Welcome to DC".  There was Champagne, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, and a Welcome Basket with a DC T-Shirt, Coffee Mug, etc...

The following Morning, We received a note under our door with 2 Free Trolley Tour Tickets and another note from Veniese hoping that we were enjoying our stay.

This hotel and Veniese in particular went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.  I can't wait to go back to DC and stay here again.   It was everything a Platinum memeber should hope for (but maybe not expect).

Outcomes