platinumstar

Marriott Bournemouth UK

Discussion created by platinumstar on Apr 22, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 by anadyr

Just back today from a wonderful weekend at the Marriott Highcliffe, Bournemouth UK. Its a 2 hour train journey from Waterloo, so ideal if you are staying round the corner at the magnificent Marriott County Hall. Bournemouth is on the coast and has beautiful sandy beaches and the Marriott Highcliffe occupies a superb location high up on a cliff overlooking the sea. I was lucky enough to get upgraded to a "Coast guards cottage" which are really sweet little cottages next to the main body of the hotel. The food in the restaurant last night was top notch, the presentation would put any top London restaurant to shame and everything was well cooked. Lovely friendly staff all round, amazing views over the sea, great indoor spa with pool and jacuzzi and in the summer months there is an outdoor pool (it was open today even though it rained a bit). I recommend this hotel if you are in London and fancy getting away for a night away from the hustle and bustle of busy London. I feel refreshed after my stay in Bournemouth.

Outcomes