On this trip, for the first time, I've now seen (twice - once at a Residence Inn, once at a Spring Hill Suite) "recognition" lists at the registration desk. Basically, there is a piece of paper displayed with the names (last name and first initial) of the Rewards members checking in that evening. The list is broken down into categories: Platinum Premier, Platinum, Gold, Silver. I have mixed feelings about it. I'm curious to hear others' reactions to this.
- It's awesome! I feel welcome and appreciated seeing my name at the registration desk!8
- It's a step in the right direction. It reminds the folks at registration to recognize and appreciate Marriott's most loyal customers. Any effort that Marriott takes to recognize my loyalty is a good thing. (top voted)38
- It's a nice gesture, but otherwise, I couldn't care less.19
- It's no big deal either way, but it's a waste of paper. An an environmentalist, I hear the forest crying.2
- I don't like it. Although it was intended as a nice gesture, I don't want other guests knowing that I have checked into the hotel or that I'll be arriving that evening. That seems like confidential information to me.25