Hello everybody, this is my first post here, but I think it is the right occasion.
I have spent exactly the last 100 nights (since October) of the year 2018 in Marriott hotels and just got the upgrade to the Ambassador status .
- Was a special situation, I was very dissatisfied with Hilton in October and still had to travel for the rest of the year -excact 100 Days.
- I looked at several other hotel brands, but the number of locations there was too small for me. Marriott was the best option for the merger.
- Unfortunately, there was no status match, which scared me off - but luckily I made the right decision and signed up for the Marriott Rewards program.
- It was not planned to stay that long in Marriott hotels yet. But I liked it so much that it happened.
- Which hotels I like the most:
1. Hawaii: Moana Surfrider and Marriott Waikoloa Resort
2. Las Vegas: Cosmopolitan
3. Medellin: Marriott, on the internet it shows 3 stars and bad pictures but in real it's a bomb.
- What I liked:
1. lots of quality 4 and 5 star hotels
2. great community / lot of content about the rewards program
3. great staff, good service, good upgrade policy
- What Marriott could improve:
1. Sustainability - I see often a lot a of potential.... a lot of packaging, disposable items, power wastage, not in every house greenoption etc. We only have one planet.
2. No credit card in the EU, that is a great pity
3. I see on the Marriott homepage no star category, number of rooms and year of construction?
Thanks to the forum for the many information.
Thanks to Marriott for the great time.