What are your favorite views from a Marriott property?
An off-line discussion got me started thinking about this. I know that comparing views has an apples and oranges aspect to it, so - if you can't decide - just identify your top 10 (or, of course, fewer). Here my top 10 (alphabetically):
- Baltimore - Renaissance Harborplace (Inner Harbor) - bonus points to the hotel for providing binoculars!!! - Baltimore Inner Harbor
- Barcelona - Ritz Carlton Hotel Arts - beach, water, etc.
- Boston - Customs House - Eagle Suite - Platinums - add this to your bucket list
- Budapest - killer concierge lounge deck - Budapest Marriott - pocket camera shots, but you get the idea
- Guam - Tumon Bay Marriott - top floor, corner suite, balcony looks over the entire bay - also, the concierge lounge
- update - I was sad to learn that Marriott is leaving this property (which is becoming a Pacific Star)
- Las Vegas - the Cosmopolitan - the higher floor balconies rock!!! - Vegas Cosmopolitan - Rockin' Balcony - and those are pocket camera shots...
- London Heathrow Renaissance - plane watching heaven - Runway Watching: LHR Renaissance
- Niagra Falls - the Falls Suite - wow - hypnotic (day and night)
- Seattle - Renaissance downtown - top floor, corner room - wow
- Toronto Renaissance - baseball fan's dream - center field of Rogers Park - Toronto Renaissance - In The Ballpark - scroll down for photos
OK, and some honorable mentions too - I'll try to keep this list under 10:
- Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid - at sunset - particularly when a storm is rolling in - awesome - but take the Sandia cable car for the real view
- Bochum, Germany - Courtyard - view from the gym of the harbor (Hafen) - and the needle is a short walk away for the very best view
- Chicago Renaissance - looking down on the river
- Summer 2017 update - Just spent the better part of a week back here - and it's truly splendid - but do whatever you need to do (upgrade, pay the price premium, whatever) to get the river view...
- DC (but really Maryland) - Gaylord National Harbor - interior balcony looking over courtyard and river
- Hong Kong Renaissance or the airport Marriott - both have killer views - but, of course, neither holds a candle to the Peak
- Miami - Biscayne Bay Marriott - Miami Beach - a different perspective - 10
- NYC - Times Square Renaissance - NYC - Times Square Renaissance (and some winter scenes) - but it's hard to compete with the Empire State Building
- this is discussed at length elsewhere - but don't miss the R bar for one of the best views of Times Square, anywhere ... reservations strongly recommended...
- Orlando - JW Marriott Grande Lakes
- Singapore Marriott - concierge lounge (although you should visit the Sands Casino/Hotel Skybar if you really like views)