Driving south from New York, late at night, and I realized (admitted?) I wasn't gonna make it home, so I fired up the Marriott/Bonvoy App ... and found that I could snag a night at the Westin in Mount Laurel for under $100... I pushed the button.
- Seriously ... a Westin, for under $100, including taxes and fees and everything... aaaaaahhhhh;
- Super nice folks at the front desk ... genuine thanks for Titanium loyalty, smooth check-in ... off to my room;
- Perfectly comfortable king-sized bed, a comfortable couch with an ottoman and a rolling laptop desk, good lighting, well-placed outlets, and great desk with work surface (I ended up spending the morning there, working, dealing with a conference call, etc.);
- in-room Keurig coffee machine (with Starbucks pods) is fully satisfactory ... but, alas, my last few trips were to Europe, where many of the hotels have Nespresso machines (which are my personal favorite), so, yes, it's easy to get spoiled.... alas;
- plenty of free parking ... as opposed to crazy parking prices in Philly ... or NYC ... but that makes sense given the location;
- super-easy access right off the highway; and
- a splendid, free (Titanium) breakfast buffet - large pleasant, sunny room, comfortable table, terrific buffet (everything I wanted ... smoked salmon, plenty of simple fresh fruit, a SELECTION of CHOBANI yogurts - OK, that's a nice touch), and no one minded that I sat there and ate and worked for almost 2 hours...
What's not to like?