As we work on the merger of the Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) programs, Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards are making program changes to ensure exceptional Elite service during every stay. 2017 is the last year members can earn Elite Rollover Nights. This means any 2017 nights earned in excess of Elite requirements will roll over to 2018 but excess nights earned in 2018 will not roll over to 2019. 2017 is also the last year the Elite Buy Back promotion will be offered.
1. What is the Elevated Hertz Status Offer?
Marriott Rewards® and Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® have teamed up to offer Marriott Rewards’ most loyal members elevated luxury on the road through complimentary top-tier Elite status with Hertz. Membership in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards is required.
All Marriott Rewards members receive:
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership (enroll now)
Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members can register to receive:
- Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star® status (registration required)
Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite members can register to receive:
- Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle® status (registration required)
2. What are the Terms & Conditions of the Elevated Hertz Status Offer?
The general Terms & Conditions for the program can be found here.
3. When can qualified members register for this new benefit?
Beginning in early 2018, Platinum and Platinum Premier Elite members can register for the Elevated Hertz Status Offer.
4. How do I register for the Elevated Hertz Status Offer?
Visit the Elevated Hertz Status Offer registration page to receive your upgrade.
5. What are the benefits of Hertz Five Star status?
The benefits of Hertz Five Star status include:
- One-car-class upgrades (subject to availability)
- Expedited rental service
- See more details of Hertz Five Star status
6. What are the benefits of Hertz President’s Circle status?
The benefits of Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle status include:
- Confirmed vehicle availability of standard equipment Economy through Full-Size 4-Door vehicles in the U.S. and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation
- Confirmed one-car-class upgrade, available at all participating locations in the U.S., Canada and select European locations (maximum upgrade to a Full-Size vehicle, with a minimum reservation of a Compact vehicle)
- Expedited rental service
- See more details of Hertz President’s Circle status
7. How can I earn Marriott Rewards points with Hertz?
Simply add your Marriott Rewards number to your car rental reservation. You will earn points on car rentals picked up at any airport or off-airport location.
8. Can I earn Marriott Rewards points and Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points for the same rental?
No, you can earn either Marriott Rewards points or Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points for each rental. You can specify your preference at the time of rental or in your account profile.
9. Do I need to be a Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Platinum or Platinum Premier Elite member to qualify?
Yes, you need to have Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards Platinum or Platinum Premier Elite status to qualify.
10. Do I need to be a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member to receive Hertz Five Star or Hertz President’s Circle status?
Yes. If you are not already enrolled in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, you will need to enroll to become a member. Once enrolled, you will receive your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards number allowing you to complete registration for your elevated status.
11. If I am an SPG Platinum member and have already linked accounts to receive my status match as a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member, can I register for this elevated status offer?
Yes. If you have linked accounts and completed your MR/SPG status match as a Platinum member, you can register for Hertz Five Star status.
12. If I renew my Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite status, do I have to register again for the Elevated Hertz Status Offer?
No. If you renew at the same level, you do not need to register again for the Elevated Hertz Status Offer. However, if you are currently a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member and become Platinum Premier Elite, you will be eligible for Hertz President’s Circle status rather than Hertz Five Star status and will need to register for that upgrade.
13. If I don’t qualify for Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite status, do I lose my Hertz Elite status?
You must qualify for Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier status each year to keep Hertz Five Star or President’s Circle status.
14. Why is my name not being accepted on the registration site?
Please make sure your name is entered the same way it appears on your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account. This is to validate your identity.
15. My Gold Plus Rewards member number is not 8 digits. What do I do?
If your member number is less than 8 digits, please add leading zeros to your current number so it has 8 digits.
16. Do I need to add leading zeros to my Marriott Rewards member number?
No, Marriott Rewards numbers must be between 2-9 digits. There are no leading zeroes on Rewards numbers less than 9 digits.
17. I just joined Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. Why can’t I register on the site for status match?
Please allow up to 48 hours after successfully enrolling in Gold Plus Rewards to register for the status match.
18. How can I get more information on registration?
- In North America, call 1-800-321-7396.
- Internationally, contact your local Marriott Rewards Customer Service
19. How can I get more information about my Hertz status?
Call your local number below:
- North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico): 1-888-999-4900
- Gold Plus Rewards member: 0120-199560 (toll free), or +81-3-6204-3085
- Customer Relations: 0120-982802 (toll free), or +81-3-6204-3084
- UK/Europe: 0207 365 33 69
- Caribbean: 1-888-999-4900
- Latin America: 1-888-999-4900
- Brazil: (11) 2246-4300 (Greater São Paulo) or 0800-7017300 (other locations)
- Local reservations: 61 (0)3 9698 2555
- Gold Plus Rewards Customer Service: 1-800-500-023
- New Zealand: 64 (0)3 358 6772
ROLLOVER & BUY BACK
1. Why is Marriott Rewards making these changes?
We are dedicated to delivering quality and consistency for our most loyal members. These changes will help ensure that we continue to provide exceptional Elite experiences during every stay. We want to ensure our most loyal Marriott Rewards and SPG Elite members who have linked their accounts and matched their status enjoy their earned Elite benefits such as lounge access and room upgrades on a consistent basis.
2. If I stay more nights than required to earn my Elite status in 2017, will the extra nights still roll over toward my 2018 status?
Yes. Changes to Elite Rollover Nights will not take effect until January 2018, so any extra nights you earn in 2017 will be applied to your 2018 status. In 2018, any nights earned in excess of the required Elite thresholds to maintain or achieve a status level will not be rolled over to 2019.
3. How can I earn Elite Rollover Nights in 2017?
If you stay more Elite nights than required to maintain or achieve a status level in 2017, those nights will be applied toward your 2018 status. Silver member nights in excess of 10, Gold member nights in excess of 50, and Platinum member nights in excess of 75 will carry forward to 2018.
4. How can I find out how many Elite Rollover Nights I currently have?
To view your Elite Rollover Nights, simply visit MarriottRewards.com and sign in to view your online account. Once in your account, visit the Nights Detail section and you will see your total Elite nights earned for 2017 to date, as well as a breakdown of your Rollover Nights earned from 2016 that were applied to your 2017 status.
5. Do Elite Rollover Nights expire?
Yes. Elite Rollover Nights expire after one year and will not roll over beyond the one-year time frame.
Below is an example for a Silver Elite Member:
- 5 Rollover Nights in 2016 (rolled over from 2015)
- 20 nights stayed in 2016 (Rollover Nights from previous year are included in this count)
- 10 nights are needed to renew at Silver Elite status
- There are 10 excess nights above the level threshold (10 nights to renew); however, the 5 Rollover Nights from 2015 will have expired, leaving 5 total nights to roll over to the 2017 account.
6. Where can I get more information about Elite Rollover Nights?