updated may 2018
- Marriott kills SPG/Delta Crossover Rewards program on July 15, 2018
- Marriott is decreasing SPG booking window by 200 days.
- Marriott ending the SPG elite thank you program!
- Marriott will be ending the Avis/SPG partnership on December 31, 2017
- Marriott to eliminating SPG Pro(ProLearning and STARPRO rates)as of January 2, 2018 SPG Pro travel professionals will no longer earn Starpoints or eligible nights toward elite status for client bookings.
- Marriott canceled plans to build Westin Bethesda(SPG brand) for their HQ, in which Montgomery County is giving marriott $62 million in "taxpayer-funded" subsidies
- Marriott plans to lay off 107 Starwood employees in Stamford Connecticut in December
- Marriott changed SPG cancellation policy from 24 to up 72 hours
- Marriott is ending our UBER partnership on December 2017
- Marriott is reducing Sheraton hotels: 6,000 Sheraton rooms will exit the system in 2017 with another 4,000 rooms departing in 2018.
CHANGES COMING IN AUGUST FOR SPG MEMBERS
Elite status no longer base on Stays
Elite night credit earning for 1 room only
losing 4pm late check out
Welcome Gift of points decreased and free alcoholic drink is removed
Welcome Gift of points decreased
SPG50 - losing free night award option
SPG75 - losing the 100% bonus and "your24" benefit
SPG100 - added $20,000 spend requirement
2x points on all non-bonus purchases - 33% devaluation
Elite credits no longer stackable - limited to once per member(not per card)
Business Card removing free Sheraton Club lounge access