As we continue to work on the Marriott Rewards®, Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) programs, we’re making two changes to ensure exceptional Elite service. You’re on the inside track, so here’s your exclusive preview.
We’re introducing new Hertz benefits for our top tier members! Beginning in early 2018, Platinum members can register to receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star® Status, and Platinum Premier members can register to receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Presidents Circle® Status.
2017 is the final year for Elite Rollover Nights and Status Buy Back. This means any 2017 nights earned in excess of Elite requirements will roll over toward 2018 status, but excess nights earned in 2018 will not roll over toward 2019 status.
Below are the top FAQs. Click here to view all Rollover, Buy Back and Hertz FAQs.
New Hertz Benefit!
1. What is the Elevated Hertz Status Offer?
Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members will receive:
- Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star status (registration required)
Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite members will receive:
- Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle status (registration required)
2. When will this new benefit be available for qualified members?
Beginning early 2018, Platinum and Platinum Premier Elite members can register for the Elevated Hertz Status offer.
3. What are the benefits of Hertz Five Star status?
The benefits of Hertz Five Star status include:
- One-car-class upgrades (subject to availability)
- Expedited rental service
- See more details of Hertz Five Star status
4. What are the benefits of Hertz President’s Circle status?
The benefits of Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle status include:
- Confirmed vehicle availability of standard equipment Economy through Full-Size 4-Door vehicles in the U.S. and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation
- Confirmed one-car-class upgrade, available at all participating locations in the U.S., Canada and select European locations (maximum upgrade to a full-size vehicle, with a minimum reservation of a compact vehicle)
- Expedited rental service
- See more details of Hertz President’s Circle status
5. Do I need to be a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member to receive Hertz Five Star or Hertz President’s Circle status?
Yes. If you are not already enrolled in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, you will need to enroll to become a member.
6. If I am an SPG Platinum member and have already linked accounts to receive my status match as a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member, will I be able to register for this elevated status offer?
Yes. If you have linked accounts and completed your MR/SPG status match as a Platinum member, you will be able to register for Hertz Five Star status.
Elite Rollover Nights and Status Buy Back
1. Why is Marriott Rewards making these changes?
We are dedicated to delivering quality and consistency for our most loyal members. These changes will help ensure that we continue to provide exceptional Elite experiences during every stay. We want to ensure our most loyal Marriott Rewards and Starwood Elite members who have linked their accounts and matched their status enjoy their earned Elite benefits such as lounge access and room upgrades on a consistent basis.
2. If I stay more nights than required to earn my Elite status in 2017, will the extra nights still roll over toward my 2018 status?
Yes. Changes to Elite Rollover Nights will not take effect until January 2018, so any extra nights you earn in 2017 will be applied to your 2018 status. In 2018, any nights earned in excess of the required Elite thresholds to maintain or achieve a status level will not be rolled over to 2019.
3. How can I find out how many Elite Rollover Nights I currently have?
To view your Elite Rollover Nights, simply visit marriottrewards.com and sign in to view your online account. Once in your account, visit the Nights Detail section and you will see your total Elite nights earned for 2017 to date, as well as your Rollover nights earned from 2016 that were applied to your 2017 status broken out.
4. Do Elite Rollover nights expire?
Yes. Elite Rollover Nights do expire after one year and will not roll over beyond the one-year timeframe.
For example, Silver Elite Member:
- 5 rollover nights in 2016 (rolled over from 2015)
- 20 nights stayed in 2016 (Rollover nights from previous year are included in this count)
- 10 nights are needed to renew at Silver Elite
- With 10 excess nights above the level threshold (10 nights to renew), the 5 rollover nights from 2015 will have expired. Leaving 5 total nights to roll over to your 2017 account.
5. Where can I get more information about Elite Rollover Nights?