Hello Elite Insiders,
We’re excited about all your new advantages now that we’ve joined with Starwood Hotels & Resorts®. If you haven’t linked your account for your Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) status match, you’re invited to unlock a world of opportunities now.
Speaking about new benefits, we’d love your ideas for redemption rewards as we move on to the next topic in our Live Elite series. We want you to have a chance to give your opinion – and a chance to win.
Our new topic is Elite Night Credit on Redemption Stays, a popular benefit – and we’d like to know your ideas for other extras to enjoy on redemption stays. Simply share a comment or photo below and you’ll be entered in our next drawing for 20,000 Rewards points.
What It Is:
Elite Night Credit on Redemption Stays is a benefit all Rewards members receive when they use their points for free nights. It’s our “thank you” for choosing Marriott Rewards, and a way to make each member’s redemption experience even more rewarding.
How it Works:
Simply redeem your points for a stay of any length, one night or more. You’ll automatically receive an Elite night credit for each night of your stay – just as you do for paid stays.
- Every redemption stay you make counts toward your Elite status, whether you pay with points or a mixture of Cash + Points. Redeem for 1 night and you’ll receive 1 Elite night credit; redeem for 5 nights and receive 5 Elite credits. Here’s a reminder of how many credits you need to achieve each Elite level:
Silver – 10 Elite nights
Gold – 50 nights
Platinum – 75 nights
- To see how many Elite nights you have now, sign into your online account.
- You’ll receive Elite redemption night credits when you use points for stays at any of the 4,400+ hotels that participate in Marriott Rewards. (Although Marriott and Starwood are now together, SPG remains a separate program for now. For more details, see our merger FAQs)
- And here’s a plus: At our full-service brands – JW Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels, Delta Hotels® and the Autograph Collection® – you will also earn points or miles on any incidental charges. (Please note that qualifying charges vary by hotel.)
- With your SPG status match, you can transfer points between accounts for your next redemption stay.
|Congratulations to @hydroventures, Platinum member and winner of 20,000 points! Here’s a quote from his post about Elite rollover nights:|
|“I was just thinking to myself this week.... Why not show some love to another hotel chain? What's in it for me after renewing my Platinum? Rollover Nights answers that question!!!!! Thank you Marriott Rewards!! That's why I only have love for you!”|
Two chances to win
- Today through November 21, comment on this post and you could win 20,000 points. We’d especially enjoy seeing your photos, but posting a sentence or two will also qualify for a chance to win. Some ideas:
- Have you renewed your status, or achieved a higher status, because of Elite credits earned on stays you’ve paid with points? Tell us your experience.
- What extra perk would make your redemption stay even more memorable? We’d love to hear your ideas.
- Share your story about a great redemption stay. See examples members have shared about experiences in cities like Paris, Barcelona and Miami.
The names of all those who commented will be entered in a drawing for a prize of 20,000 Rewards points. The winner will be announced November 22, 2016.
2. In our next Live Elite post, we’ll feature a few member comments and photos. If your post is chosen, you’ll get 1,000 points as a thank-you.
You can comment on this post once you're signed in.
Curious about more ways to Live Elite? Click the Live Elite tag below.