Share your Insider stories about travel to Dana Point, California by commenting on this post and you could earn points.
Parents and kids alike are in for a treat this summer when they stay at the ocean view Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa in California, where family fun begins at check-in and memories are made to last a lifetime. Kids are welcomed upon arrival with an exclusive ticket to the property’s weekly family movie night in the resort’s movie style seating, Pacific Learning Center, complete with complimentary popcorn, sweets and drinks. The ticket also ensures a complimentary Sunday morning breakfast for children at The Vue. Also at the front desk, kids are handed a passport that guides them on a treasure hunt through the resort, ultimately leading them back to the front desk to collect a special prize.
Families and visitors of all ages will find no shortage of entertaining, on-site recreational activities here at this Orange County beach resort: two heated pools offer spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, as well as Jacuzzi spas, plentiful cushioned lounge chairs and shade umbrellas. Kids love the aquatic fun at the Splash Zone, which features fountains, surfboards, water bucket dunk tank and children’s wading pool. An easy walk from the resort, the beach features more than one mile of sandy coast and some of the best swimming and surfing in California. Craving a two-wheeled adventure? This Dana Point hotel offers complimentary bicycle rentals; the concierge can map out many cycling tours through beautiful Dana Point Harbor and along the sands of Doheny and several other nearby beaches. And later, neighboring Dana Point Harbor offers guests a chance to stretch their sea legs on Captain Dave’s Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari, which brings passengers close enough to smell the majestic creatures’ breath!
The region’s summer event calendar adds an extra element of entertainment for guests of the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa. Upcoming events at or near this Pacific Coast Highway hotel include:
- A memorable Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa 4th of July BBQ on the lawn of The Vue restaurant, which gives you a front-row seat to the Dana Point City Fireworks Extravaganza.
- Every Friday in June, adjacent Lantern Bay Park offers free alfresco Movies in the Park, featuring free popcorn and children’s film favorites on the lawn. Hot and cold beverages, snacks and candy are available to purchase at the park snack bar; all proceeds benefit a local Dana Point school or non-profit.
- July 10-Aug. 21, the Dana Point Summer Concert Series features free 90-minute outdoor concerts at various Dana Point locations. Bring a blanket or low-back lawn chair and sample food and beverages from local vendors at each show.
- The July 25-26 Doheny Surf Festival is a two-day annual celebration of the southern California surfing lifestyle. This event features live music, local delicacies, a Surfers Vendor Village, surf contest, healthy living demonstrations, surfer art and collectables, a Classic Woody Car Show and more.
- The Aug. 27-28 Ohana Music Festival at Doheny State Beach showcases the talents of Eddie Vedder and Lana Del Rey.