I want to make you aware of a program policy announced today:
Starting February 1, 2016, members who do not have a qualifying activity in the prior 24 months will forfeit all accumulated points. If you have not engaged in a qualifying activity since January 31, 2014 you have until January 31, 2016 to do so before the policy is enforced.
We make it pretty easy to maintain active status in the Marriott Rewards program. Qualifying activities include:
- Make a paid (or redemption) stay at any of our 3,800+ participating hotels worldwide
- Redeem points
- Make a purchase through a Marriott Rewards credit card
- Earn points with one of our program partners
- Purchase points
- Hold a qualifying meeting or event through the Rewarding Events℠ program
The following activities do not count toward maintaining an active status in the Marriott Rewards program:
- Gifting or transferring points; however, converting Points to Miles or Miles to Points does count toward maintaining an active status
- Receiving points as a gift or transfer
- Earning points through social media programs, such as #MRPoints
Questions? View the FAQs
For full details and updated terms, please visit MarriottRewards.com/PointsPolicy.